HISTORY OF OUR 144 YEARS OF BUILDING
Patrocloss Michail Campanakis, the architect of our 144 year old historical building in Şişhane district of Istanbul, was built as the residence of the Tubini Family, one of the Galata Bankers who emigrated from Chios.
This place was used as the center of Galata Bankers for a long time.
He served as Hotel Kroecker operated by Germans between 1890 and 1918.
In 1918 the occupation forces confiscated the hotel; the hotel was turned into the intelligence center of the occupation forces by the British intelligence officer John Godolphin Bennet.
With the evacuation of the British Forces, Hotel Kroecker was divided into two partition in 1922.
After 1935, the Istanbul City Conservatory and later the workshop of Foto Sander operated.
The building, which was bought by the Chamber of Industry in 1958 and became the center of the industry, has been used by İstanbul Galata University since 2020.